Sunday 25 January 2015

All things shiny



Its all things that sparkle or metallic etc on the Paperartsy Blog for the next two weeks.  There is my first contribution.  My latest purchase was the JOFY stamp set JOFY23, which I stamped as a background and also stamped the flowers on the card, coloured with Fresco paints and cut out and layered on top of the base card.  I stamped out the vase from this set on to metal from way back when, even managed to find the tools to give some shape and of course it would not be complete without a butterfly.  As a final touch |I used a glue pen and added gilding flakes, firstly they looked too flat so with the add of a pokey tool I scratched a pattern into the gilding flakes now I like this!!!

Thanks for looking.  Margaret

7 comments:

  1. I like it too Margaret. Love the scratching into the gilding flakes. Very effective! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! This is stunning Margaret! Beautiful Jofy's images, the butterfly is very shiny. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. beautiful - love everything about it xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really lovely in every detail...
    the shiny additions add such interest too!
    oxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning - I think copper is such a warm colour, and this composition is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh thats lovely - I thought it had been embroidered at first duh!!! But its so lovely, really outstanding placement. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love how you gave the metal vase some depth and shape! And the scratched gilding flakes are fab Margaret!

    ReplyDelete