Sunday 13 July 2014

Stencils


Karen has a very good idea for a different way of using stencils over on the Paperartsy blog this week, which I have adapted a little bit to fit in with materials that I have.  I used one of Lin Browns leaf stencils and inked the stencil with various Distressed inks, sprayed and followed the instructions. To add dimension to my card I then used another one of Lin's stencils and layered up the flower using the colours in the background and cut out, a hame made embellishment or two finished the card.

8 comments:

  1. Love the layered flower, fabulous idea, and great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous flower, love the background too. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, it's gorgeous! The colours work perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous love those colours, so much depth and richness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a great idea just to use the sprays first off. The colours are sumptuous and glad you've been a little inspired x

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely and such depth of colour, beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure how I missed this one Margaret but glad I caught it in the end. It's beautiful and that flower is just stunning! Fab colours too!

    Hugs
    Lesley Xx

    ReplyDelete