Saturday 31 August 2013

Inspired by Darcy

Darcy did a fab birthday post over on the Paperartsy Blog, last night, using her new stamps, I feel I need these!! But I thought I must have things in my stash that I could use to have a go with. So I dug out my sheets of metal that I used way back when I went to Lin Brown's classes at Olney,  I started with a mountboard tag, coloured using the black side of cut and dry, this is another good technique by Leandra. Mixed Grunge Paste with a paint and applied through a stencil, dried applied more paint and sanded back. The flowers and butterflies I stamped (these are Paperartsy stamps) with Archival Ink on to metal and cut out, mounted on to the tag using silicon glue to keep the height. oh and I went over the back of the metal with a stump. So here is the finished item and the paints I used.



7 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Margaret, love the butterflies! Aren't Darcy's stamps fab - think I'll be treating myself to some of these very soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you and Helen: I too need those stamps! But what you have created here is just gorgeous. I love the effect of the metal and butterflies are my favourite image! Julie Ann xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, those butterflies are lovely, which plate are they from? They work perfect against your background, they really pop.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful Margaret, I LOVE your metal butterflies xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh, nice colours, great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous Margaret!!those butterflies are great!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make beautiful projects I have started following you because I would like to see more of your work. Anneke.
    www.annekescardart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete