Saturday, 31 August 2013

Inspired by Darcy

Darcy did a fab birthday post over on the Paperartsy Blog, last night, using her new stamps, I feel I need these!! But I thought I must have things in my stash that I could use to have a go with. So I dug out my sheets of metal that I used way back when I went to Lin Brown's classes at Olney,  I started with a mountboard tag, coloured using the black side of cut and dry, this is another good technique by Leandra. Mixed Grunge Paste with a paint and applied through a stencil, dried applied more paint and sanded back. The flowers and butterflies I stamped (these are Paperartsy stamps) with Archival Ink on to metal and cut out, mounted on to the tag using silicon glue to keep the height. oh and I went over the back of the metal with a stump. So here is the finished item and the paints I used.

Thursday, 29 August 2013

Kraft wrapping paper

Darcy has a really cool technique on the Paperartsy Blog this week, it is too complicated to explain so hop over to have a look.   I made four different sheets, sewing is not my thing so stamped stitched edges around my pieces, stuck the pieces on to thin card, edged and mounted on to proper card. Well pleased they really do just look like patchwork pieces.

Paperartsy dies and paints

I love Paperartsy dies and use them loads to make super flowers for decorations for boxes, present tags, Christmas and all sorts. I recently completed a secret project for my niece, but I cant show the results till after the 19 September. But I used the same dies as in the pics below, but used double sided cardstock, ribbons and pearls.

So for these flowers I followed Leandas's instructions on the Blog mixing their normal paints and metallic ones ,and painted on to heavy stamping card, great results. I stamped and embossed with PA stamps and cut out I have yet to master lining up the stamps and dies, I am afraid I find it quicker to cut out.

Saturday, 24 August 2013

Flower Power Tag

My second piece this week inspired by Carol is a little tag, my Fresco paint colours ,Guacamole, South Pacific, Bora Bora and Tinned Peas. My tag is from mountboard I painted in a combination of all colours although it looks more Guacamole than anything else.  I then mixed South Pacific with Grunge Paste and applied through a stencil and over stamped with one of Paperartsy minis in black. The flowers and leaves are from Lin Browns Flowers sets which I love. using the paints I stamped on to black card and overstamped with another Paperartsy mini and embossed in white for something different. Finally finished the centres with Black Glossy Elements.

My version of Carol's box

Well actually it is a combination of several pieces of inspiration by Carol over on the Paperartsy Blog.  My colour theme is blue, so the paints I used were Mermaid, Bora Bora, South Pacific,Little Black Dress, Tinned Peas and Guacamole. I base coated  the box in Guesso, then Black and Crackle medium and top coated in Mermaid. Over stamping with the script mini. The flowers were stamped using Lin Browns flowers on to black card, a few bits from the land of stash!! and there you are.  Thanks for looking.

Tuesday, 20 August 2013

Sorry Away

Hi folks sorry away from my craft stash this week so won't be posting anything exciting till the weekend unless you want to see knights helmet we made at Hampton Court Palace, or Thomas on the arial wire, or butterflies at the Natural History Museum. That's for starters don't know what the rest of the week will bring.

Saturday, 17 August 2013

Tweet Tweet!!

Here is my little bird piece, all done with Paperartsy Fresco Paints and JOFY stamps. Thanks for looking !!!

Thursday, 15 August 2013

It's a secret!!!!

Have been really busy making favour boxes for a wedding just like this one!! It would be unfair to show the exact ones won't it!!!!

JOFY stamps

I love JOFY stamps and this little set of cards were made with these stamps and Fresco paints. There are two fab videos over on the Paperartsy Blog showing how to make fab backgrounds using their opaque paints and another showing colouring using their translucent paints both are highly recommended. I should add that I have worked on mountboard, again a fav. of mine.


Here is my contribution to the Paperartsy Challenge.  This week France has done some amazing posts.  Unfortunately I have not got alot of time this week so mine little heart is very simple.  I followed France's instructions - covering a piece of mountboard with Alcohol Inks, then a thin coat of Fresco Claret and stamped using PA stamps in Snowflate. I like the simplicity of the piece. Thanks for looking!!

Friday, 9 August 2013

Simply Cards

Another piece of inspiration came from the Paperartsy Blog this week. Simple cards, so I did two and planning a few more, just used Paperartsy mini stamps, Distressed inks and Archival Inks.

Art in Bloom

My post this week for the Paperartsy Blog is inspired by the inspirational Sue Carrington.  I started this little Hanging piece by cutting a piece of mountboard using the Vintage Cabinet Die. These are the paints I used.

I painted the background in Elephant, mixed French Roast and Cinnamon with Grunge paste and applied through a brick stencil.  Added some Treasure Gold across the bricks to highlight and stamped with the small leaf stamp from LB02. Stamped out the Tulips on stamping card with Tinned Peas, Very Berry and Blood Orange. Then I coloured the Tulips with Treasure Gold mixed with Alcohol Blending Solution to make a paint (I saw this on TV this week done with different mediums and thought I wonder...........and it did.) Finished off with words and ribbons.  And here it is