Tuesday, 20 February 2018

Step by step 3D Stencils

I have been asked to do a step by step plan for using the Sheena Douglass stencils, so here goes.

Step one - tape down stencil no 1 and apply lightest colour to stencil. Remove and clean stencil

Step two - tape down stencil no 2 and apply mid tone colour, I always hold the stencil as well as taping down. Now remove and clean this stencil.

Step three - tape down stencil no 3, now either use your darker colour or use a texture paste or similar medium through the stencil. Now remove the clean stencil.

Step four - you can now take the masks included in th package and place over the main images and apply stamping and colour around the edges.

I love the effect these stencils give. They work fabulously on canvases and bags etc.

Monday, 12 February 2018

Flower Foam and Kay Carley Stamps

I have spent quite a bit of time playing with Flower Foam it has lots of applications. For this card I made a background using Distressed Oxides (new colours) stamped using Kay Carley stamps for Paperartsy and then die cut tiny little flowers to decorated, a bit fiddly but worth it.

Sunday, 11 February 2018

More Flower Foam

This time I have used Oxides again and Paperartsy stamps, this set is one of Jo Firth Young's from a while back but still a favourite. Looking forward to seeing the new ones at Stitches.

Saturday, 10 February 2018

Stamping, flower foam and oxides

So today I have been playing with the new colours of Distressed Oxides for the background and more for some flowers, stamp from the free stamp from Craft Stamper Mag a month ago. Then I added some flowers die cut from flower foam I am just getting into this medium very pleased with the results so far. I will be back tomorrow to show some more work. Finally finished off with Liquid Pearls.

Friday, 9 February 2018

Opera box die

Hi today I am posting my very first attempt with this die. Very pleased with the results. I used Adorable Scorable card, they have a lovely range of spring colours.

 Thanks for dropping by. Margaret

Thursday, 8 February 2018

Today it’s 3d Embossing Folders

I have two of the last release of Sheena Embossing Folders below a sample made with one of them using Sparkle pens and Imagination Crafts Alchemy was.

Wednesday, 31 January 2018


Another post today I am really pleased with this altered art piece using Starlight Paints from Imagination Crafts and air dried clay and Katy Sue moulds and stamps from Papersrtsy.